Wednesday 11 July 2007

Nixing Scores

That's right, no more scores at the end of reviews I may do. I've wondered about this when reading reviews for a while, to be honest. A two or three might be a safe way of saying "average" to many whereas the text of a review could reveal glorious failure too....It could be a good album with plenty of flaws whereas a simple glance at the score suggests only mediocrity.

Another thing I've decided upon is that I'll revisit albums I've dedicated reviews to if I feel as though my opinion has switched in any way months or even years down the line. I've lost count of the amount of times in the past that I've loved an album and then decided later on that it's not as appealing as I initially felt, and the same applies in reverse....how many times are you not keen on something the first few times you hear it, but then come to gain greater appreciation later on....?

No comments: